A vacancy currently exists on the Kure Beach Town Council. If you are interested in serving on Council through December 2017, please submit a letter of interest. Include with the letter your resume and the following information:
Name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and responses to the questions below:
1. How long have you resided in Kure Beach and what is the address of your residence?
2. What do you believe are the most critical issues facing the town council in the next five years?
3. How have you served the town or county in the past five years?
4. How many town council meetings have you attended in the past two years (estimate)?
5. What brought you to attend the council meetings?
6. Why did you not run in the most recent election when you had the opportunity to be selected by the citizens?
7. What do you see as the job of the Town Council?
8. What experience, education or abilities do you bring to the role that will help the Council accomplish its job?
9. How should Kure Beach balance the needs of its residents with the needs of visitors?
10. If not selected for Town Council, are you willing to serve in other areas on town and county committees?
Deadline for submission is 4:00 pm on December 30, 2015. Submissions may be mailed, emailed or dropped off at Town Hall, to the attention of the Town Clerk, 117 Settlers Lane, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council may interview applicants at the January 19, 2016 meeting which begins at 6:30 p.m. in the council room at Town Hall.