Many opportunities exist for volunteer citizens who have a desire to become more involved with issues that affect the future of New Hanover County. The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners is seeking interested citizens to apply for appointment to the following:
- Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority (Category: human service agency representative)
- Coastal Care Area Board (Category: health care administrator or an insurance company representative)
- New Hanover County Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
- New Hanover County Board of Examiners of Electricians
- New Hanover County Library Advisory Board
- New Hanover County Board of Mechanical Examiners
- New Hanover County Nursing Home Community Advisory Committee
- New Hanover County Risk Management Advisory Committee (Insurance/Risk Management Professional)
Applications can be obtained at the Board of Commissioners Office, New Hanover County Government Center, 230 Government Center Drive, Suite 175; or by calling (910) 798-7149; or on the County's website at www.nhcgov.com/Commissioners. Applications must be received by August 5th for the Board to consider at their August 19th meeting. Applicants must be residents of New Hanover County.
*Appointments scheduled for September 16, 2013:
- New Hanover County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (Categories: students under age 18 and members at large)
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center Board of Trustees
*Deadline to receive applications is August 30, 2013.