Planning and Zoning

The Planning and Zoning Commission is a state mandated board.


The Commission is responsible for:

  • Preparation, amendment and revision of the Zoning and Subdivision ordinances and Land Use Plan as related to the physical development of the area.
  • The preparation and recommendation to the Town Council of ordinances promoting orderly development along the lines indicated in the Land Use Plan.


The Commission consists of five (5) members that are appointed by the Town Council. Members serve five (5) year staggered terms.


Applications for zoning change, text amendment, approval of a minor subdivision must be submitted to the Office of the Building Inspector, 117 Settlers Lane, Kure Beach, NC 28449. 910-458-6535;

More Info

Meetings are held the 1st Wednesday of the month at 7 pm at Town Hall in the Council room.



John Ellen




Alan Votta



Commission Vacancies



Commission Membership Application

Town of Kure Beach | 117 Settlers Lane, Kure Beach, NC 28449 | 910-458-8216