A "Taste" of Mindfulness Workshop
Saturday, October 5th at the KB Community Center
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cost $40, must pre-register with Instructor
Would you like to know more about mindfulness practices but don't know where to begin? Join Kure Beach Yoga and learn simple ways to use Mindfulness practices to help you stay present, focused, and calm regardless of what is going on around you.
This experiential session will include:
- An explanation of Mindfulness
- A short discussion on stress triggers and manifestations of stress
- An introduction to mindfulness techniques for taming the ruminating mind and catastrophic thinking
- A practice of techniques for stepping out of Auto Pilot, allowing you to stop, breathe, re-connect no matter where you are or what you are doing
- A Mind Body Connection practice
- An introduction to Seated Meditation
Restorative Yoga Class
Sunday, October 20th at the KB Community Center
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Cost $20, must pre-register with Instructor
AHHH, Let the Bliss Begin!
Restorative Yoga is a series of poses in which you are effortlessly and completely supported with bolsters, blankets, and pillows. This practice creates a deeply relaxing, healing, and meditative experience.
Restorative poses are sequenced to alternately stimulate and relax the body to move toward balance. Poses provide stretching of different areas of the body along with joint opening and muscle relaxation. The outcome is a general sense of deep relaxation, opening, and rejuvenation.
While beneficial to all, Restorative Yoga is especially effective during times of increased stress related to illness, injury, or major life changes. All levels of practitioners can benefit from this practice. No prior yoga experience is necessary.
Both program will be led by:
Paula Huffman, BS, RN, ERYT,Mindfulness Instructor
Adjunct Faculty UNC Program on Integrative Medicine