When vacancies occur, employment advertisements will be posted on this page. The Town of Kure Beach accepts applications and resumes for employment submitted prior to the advertisement of vacancies, as well.
VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS NEEDED FOR NIGHT SHIFT
Interested in the exciting field of firefighting? The Kure Beach Fire Department is currently seeking a few volunteers interested in gaining valuable experience by participating in our night shift program. The night shift runs medical, fire & rescue calls. If you're interested in a future career in firefighting, emergency response and other public service sectors, this may be a good fit for you.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid NC Driver's License
- Will be required to attend one weekly meeting per month (Mondays @ 7:00 pm)
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Minimum requirement of 75 hours participation per year
ABOUT THE NIGHT SHIFT
- All equipment will be provided
- Night shift hours are between 7:00 pm and 7:00 am
- Sleeping quarters are provided
- Flexible schedule, working a minimum of twice per month
- LODD insurance, $50,000 minimum
- A non-duty related AD&D Death benefit, $10,000
- Access to local relief fund
- Access to more than $124,000 in scholarships & grants offered to firefighters and children of firefighters each year
- 25% discount on eye exams and eyeglasses from Doctors Vision Center
- ...and much more
Contact Captain Ed Kennedy at 910-409-9398 or Lt. Jesse Turner at 704-996-6558 for more information. No need to fill out an employment application for this volunteer position.
Employment applications are available at the link below. Submit to the attention of the Town Clerk.
Submit applications to:
Kure Beach Town Hall
117 Settlers Lane
Kure Beach, NC 28449
Printable applications here: Employment Application
Town of Kure Beach is an equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug Free Work Place.