GARBAGE COLLECTION SCHEDULE
- Every MONDAY for all properties on Fort Fisher Boulevard, Atlantic Avenue, Spotters Court and properties south of K Avenue, including the south side of K Avenue.
- Every TUESDAY for all other properties north of K Avenue, including the north side of K Avenue.
- For Town holiday garbage collection, refer to the Garbage/Recycle Calendar.
Place your garbage cart in front of your premises for collection after sunset on the day prior to collection or by 7:00 am (6:00 am during summer season) on the day of collection. Your empty cart must be returned to your home by midnight on the day of collection.
- Off-season, garbage collection is every Monday and Friday.
- In-Season, garbage collection is every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
VACATION RENTAL (SUMMER) GARBAGE COLLECTION*
Every year, near the beginning of summer, the Town offers an *optional, ADDITIONAL garbage pickup for vacation rentals that takes place on Saturdays or Sundays. The service runs from the beginning of June until Labor Day. If you choose this option, you must sign up for a minimum of two months service at a cost of an additional $50 per month, per cart. If you are the property owner or manager of a vacation rental property and would like to sign up for this additional service, call the Utilities department at Town Hall.
NOTE TO PROPERTY OWNERS
By Town ordinance, garbage carts can only be purchased by property owners. To order a garbage cart for your premises, call Town Hall and speak to the Utilities Manager. Carts are $80 and the cost will be included on your next utility bill.