OFFICIAL NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that the Kure Beach Town Council will hold a Public Hearing for the purpose of receiving public comments on the proposed budget for FY19-20, as follows:
DATE: Monday, June 10, 2019
TIME: 6:00 p.m., or soon thereafter
PLACE: Kure Beach Town Hall
The proposed budget includes the following highlights:
- Increase to property tax of 1 cent per $100 value raising the current rate of 33.0 cents to 34.0 cents
- Changes to the water and sewer rate structure:
- Residential, Commercial & Ft. Fisher Water - Lower minimum to 2,000 gals. & increase rate tiers by 10%
- Residential, Commercial & Ft. Fisher Sewer - Lower minimum to 2,000 gals. & increase rate tiers by 10%
- An additional full time staff member in Building Inspections and one in the Police Department
- Cost of Living adjustment of 2.8 percent for employees
- Merit increase of 1.5 percent to reward employees who are performing above expectation
A copy of the budget message and the proposed budget ordinance and fee schedule has been submitted to the governing body and is on file for public inspection in the office of the Town Clerk.
Please click here to view the budget message.
Please click here to view the proposed Budget.
Please click here to view the proposed Fee Schedule.