The Town of Kure Beach has contracted a third-party Parking Company to handle all paid parking. The Police Department does not have anything to do with tickets issued by the parking company.
The Police Department and the Town of Kure Beach only handle Appeals for Civil Citations issued by Town Employees. Premium Parking is contracted by the Town of Kure Beach and is not considered a Town Employee. Premium Parking handles their own appeals for parking citations, and the Town of Kure Beach is not involved in their process. If you would like to appeal the parking ticket issued by Premium Parking, you may do so by visiting the Premium Parking website or by contacting Premium Parking at (844) 236- 2011.
- Dogs/animals are NOT permitted on the Beach from April 1st- September 30th (Unless ADA Service Dog)
- From October 1st – March 31st dogs are permitted on the beach strand but must be on a leash at all times.
- Remember to pick up after your dog
- Please do not leave your dog unattended in your vehicle especially in the summer months
- No alcoholic Beverages
- No Dogs/ animals on the beach strand Between April 1st to September 30th
- No glass containers
- No Littering
- NO Fireworks
- No Vehicles on the beach strand
- No walking on the dunes
- No solicitation
- No Camping
- No Fires/ grilling
Kure Beach Ocean Rescue personnel are on guard on our entire beach strand from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, 7 days a week, from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. For more information about our Ocean Rescue team or beach safety, call 910-458-2014. As usual, call 911 for ALL emergencies!
FOR YOUR SAFETY, WATCH FOR THESE FLAGS ON THE BEACH (NEAR THE LIFEGUARD STATIONS)
-Calm Water Conditions
-Use Caution While Swimming
-Hazardous Water Conditions
Lifeguard Not On Duty
Golf Cart Regulations:
Golf carts must be registered and have valid Insurance, just like any other vehicle, to be legal in Kure Beach. Carts must also be driven by a licensed, legally of age individual.
According to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 500 (49 CFR 571.500) the list below defines the standard features of street legal golf carts:
- Headlights and tail lights with turn signals and brake lights
- Third brake light
- License plate light
- Four sets of seatbelts
- DOT Approved Tires
- DOT Approved Windshield
- Windshield Wiper
- Amber reflectors on all corners of the vehicle
- Minimum speed of at least 21 mph
- Maximum speed of 25 mph
- One driver’s side external mirror
- One internal mirror
- 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number, V.I.N.
- Riders and passengers under the age of 16 must wear an approved protective bicycle helmet.
- Drive on the right half of the road.
- Yield before entering a more important roadway (stopping increases the reliability of the yield)
- Yield before turning or moving laterally G.S.20-146(d)(1)
- Yielding requires looking; signaling alone is not adequate
- Stay at least 5 feet from parked vehicles so as to avoid opening vehicle doors and sudden swerving
- Destination positioning at intersections G.S. 20-153(a)
- Passing on the right is prohibited unless in a separate marked lane G.S.20-150.1
- Do not pass on right of trucks (18 wheelers) and buses at intersections
- Slower traffic uses the rightmost lane for their destination
- Stop for stop signs
- Stop for Red lights
- Give hand signals
- Go with the flow of traffic NOT against the flow
Civil Citation Fees: