If You Don't Evacuate
If you decide to ignore the evacuation and stay in your home or with someone else in Kure Beach during the Hurricane event, please be aware that Emergency Services will not be able to help you in an emergency during the height of the storm. Emergency Services include Medical (rescue/paramedics), the Fire Department and the Police Department. At some point prior to hurricane landfall, all personnel will be called in and made safe.
During a Hurricane or other severe storm event the following Town facilities will be affected:
- Water mains are turned off
- Sanitary Pump Stations are secured
- Electricity is turned off
- Road Blocks are established
- Curfew is strictly enforced