The Building Inspections Department serves the Town of Kure Beach by regulating all construction and maintenance of buildings so that they are safe and sanitary. The inspector performs building, zoning, flood and other code enforcement work to ensure compliance of buildings and property with property codes, ordinances and regulations.
Other Inspection Department duties include:
- Receiving applications for commercial and residential building permits
- Issuing or denying permits requests
- Making all necessary inspections
- Issuing certificates of compliance
- Distributing orders to correct code violations
- Ability to bring judicial actions against violators